In class August 28:
Introduction to the course:
Discussion of the course goals, assignments, and the use of the WordPress site and other software that will be used in the course.
Online: Getting Started with Digital History
- Practicum: Set up a blog at WordPress.com for your academic writing. Email the URL to me so that I can add it to the blogroll.
- Practicum: Set-up an account on Feedly and subscribe to the RSS feeds for History News Network and History@Work.
- Practicum: Sign-up for Twitter; Follow Connecticut History; search for and follow some #twitterstorians
- Join the CCSU Public History Facebook Page
- Blog Post: Read Dan Cohen, “Professors, Start Your Blogs” and write a blog entry on what you think about his claim that academics should blog.